Coto de Caza
Estate Planning Lawyers serving Coto de Caza
Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC, serves the estate planning, trusts and probate needs of Coto de Caza residents.
We believe that estate planning should be aimed at protecting what you have earned and providing for your loved ones. As such, our firm’s goal is to ensure that your estate plan accurately reflects your desires and safeguards your wealth.
Essentials for an Estate Plan
Whether you are single, married, or in a domestic partnership, you need at least the basic estate planning instruments: a trust, will, and powers of attorney for finances and health care. In the event of your incapacity, the powers of attorney will allow your designated agent to make important financial and medical decisions on your behalf. These tools allow you to achieve a common objective of estate planning, which is to provide for the passing of one’s property and money to the next generation with ease and efficiency.
Our basic estate plans include:
- Revocable Living Trust
- Pour-Over Will
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters
- Power of Attorney for health care (Advance Health Care Directive)
- Certificate of Trust, Community/Separate Property Agreement (if married)
- Real property deed to fund your trust
Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC works with our clients in Coto de Caza to prepare a will, as part of an estate plan that is specifically designed for your specific circumstances (e.g., your family, your business, your property and your wishes).
High Net Worth Individuals & Families
If you have a net worth over $2,000,000 and you are single or if you are married with a combined total net worth higher than $4,000,000, Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC offers advanced estate planning services. As your life changes through marriage or divorce, having children or retiring, we are available to work with you to ensure your plan remains suited to your life events, accomplishments and goals.
Especially for those with substantial assets, it is important to plan for federal estate taxes (i.e., inheritance tax). Your wills and trusts lawyers at Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC can help determine your potential tax exposure, then identify specific wealth preservation strategies and the appropriate estate planning tools that can reduce or eliminate your estate tax liability.
- Tax Shelter trusts: These work to maximize the value of your federal estate tax exemption. Examples of such trusts include A-B trusts, Q-TIP or Q-DOT trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts;
- Business planning: For those who own family businesses, it is important to consider business management succession planning, as well as potential formation of family partnerships or limited liability companies to hold assets.
- Charitable giving: Charitable giving can have tremendous tax and estate preservation benefits. Depending on your situation we might recommend a charitable remainder trust, charitable foundation, or other charitable gifting strategy.
- Revocable living trusts: These help to avoid probate and conservatorships, and reduce or eliminate estate or inheritance tax liability.
To learn more about our estate planning services, living trusts and probate administrating services call Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC at (714) 384-6053 and we will immediately contact you to schedule an initial estate planning consultation.
We are in the business of helping families just like yours plan for the future in the most sensible and beneficial ways possible, and we are proud to have been successful in that effort. Read the testimonials of our previous clients to understand what it's like to work with our Orange County estate planning attorneys.
“We couldn't be happier, thanks so much!”- Kevin B.
“Noah was great!”- Dellia & Michael
“Noah is so knowledgeable, informative and very caring.”- Roxanne B.
We handle each case on a one-on-one basis and explore all possible options with you.
We strive for excellence. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff work hard so that you don't have to.
With 50 years of combined experience, we've handled cases of all types and can confidently help you.