Estate Planning Lawyers serving Santa Ana
Whether you are single, married, or in a domestic partnership, you need at least the basic estate planning instruments: a trust, will, and powers of attorney for finances and health care. In the event of your incapacity, the powers of attorney will allow your designated agent to make important financial and medical decisions on your behalf.
Such tools allow you to achieve a common objective of estate planning, which is to provide for the passing of one’s property and money to the next generation with ease and efficiency.
Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC works with our clients in Santa Ana to prepare a will, as part of an estate plan that is specifically designed for your specific circumstances (e.g., your family, your business, your property and your wishes).
If you have a net worth over $2,000,000 and you are single or if you are married with a combined total net worth higher than $4,000,000, we can provide you with essential advanced estate planning services. As your life changes through marriage or divorce, having children or retiring, we will ensure your plan remains suited to your life events, accomplishments and goals.
Our basic estate plans include:
- Revocable Living Trust,
- Pour-Over Will,
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters,
- Power of Attorney for Health Care (Advance Health Care Directive),
- Certificate of Trust, Community/Separate Property Agreement (If Married), and
- Real property deed to fund your trust.
Another goal of estate planning for those individuals and families with substantial assets is to plan for federal estate taxes (i.e., inheritance tax). Your wills and trusts lawyers at Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC can help determine your potential tax exposure, then identify specific wealth preservation strategies and the appropriate estate planning tools that can reduce or eliminate your estate tax liability. These might include:
- Revocable living trusts: These help to avoid probate and conservatorships, and reduce or eliminate estate or inheritance tax liability.
- Tax Shelter trusts: These work to maximize the value of your federal estate tax exemption. Examples of such trusts include A-B trusts, Q-TIP or Q-DOT trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts;
- Charitable giving: Charitable giving can have tremendous tax and estate preservation benefits. Depending on your situation we might recommend a charitable remainder trust, charitable foundation, or other charitable gifting strategy.
As lawyers serving Santa Ana individuals and families, Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC offers a complete range of estate planning services and options. To learn more about our estate planning services, living trusts and probate administrating services call Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC at (714) 573-7149, or e-mail us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately contact you to schedule an initial estate planning consultation.
We are in the business of helping families just like yours plan for the future in the most sensible and beneficial ways possible, and we are proud to have been successful in that effort. Read the testimonials of our previous clients to understand what it's like to work with our Orange County estate planning attorneys.
“Their costs are amazingly reasonable.”- Anne M.
“Tamsen is nothing short of amazing.”- Regina S.
“I was happy with her research, in fact my meetings were a point of learning.”- Dorothy C.
We handle each case on a one-on-one basis and explore all possible options with you.
We strive for excellence. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff work hard so that you don't have to.
With 50 years of combined experience, we've handled cases of all types and can confidently help you.