Estate Planning Lawyers serving residents of Lemon Heights
Welcome to the estate planning, trust and probate law office of Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC. We serve Lemon Heights individuals and families with their estate planning, trusts and probate needs.
Our firm is dedicated to providing each of our clients with a high level of personal attention in the preparation of their estate plan. As such, we are readily available to answer your questions. Our attorneys meet with you to discuss any changes to your estate plan, especially as tax laws change, and also any new opportunities.
At Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC, we typically build long-term relationships with our clients. We utilize a combination of tools to document your wishes, protect your estate from over-taxation and government interference, and provide for your loved ones. Our primary aim is to ensure that your estate plan accurately reflects your desires and also safeguards your wealth.
Basic Estate Planning
Whether you are single, married, or in a domestic partnership, you need at least the basic estate planning instruments. These allow you to achieve a common objective of estate planning, which is to provide for the passing of one’s property and money to the next generation with ease and efficiency. Our basic estate plans include:
- Revocable Living Trust,
- Pour-Over Will,
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters,
- Power of Attorney for Health Care (Advance Health Care Directive),
- Certificate of Trust, Community/Separate Property Agreement (If Married), and
- Real property deed to fund your trust.
High Net Worth
If you have a net worth over $2,000,000 and you are single or if you are married with a combined total net worth higher than $4,000,000, we can provide you with essential advanced estate planning services. A key part is to plan for federal estate taxes (i.e., inheritance tax). Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC can help determine your potential tax exposure, then identify specific wealth preservation strategies and the appropriate estate planning tools that can reduce or eliminate your estate tax liability. These might include:
- Business planning: For those who own family businesses, it is important to consider business management succession planning, as well as potential formation of family partnerships or limited liability companies to hold assets.
- Charitable giving: Charitable giving can have tremendous tax and estate preservation benefits. Depending on your situation we might recommend a charitable remainder trust, charitable foundation, or other charitable gifting strategy.
- Revocable living trusts: These help to avoid probate and conservatorships, and reduce or eliminate estate or inheritance tax liability.
- Tax Shelter trusts: These work to maximize the value of your federal estate tax exemption. Examples of such trusts include A-B trusts, Q-TIP or Q-DOT trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts;
As lawyers serving Lemon Heights individuals and families, Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC offers a complete range of estate planning services and options. To learn more about our estate planning services, living trusts and probate administrating services call Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC at (714) 573-7149, or e-mail us at mailto:email@example.com and we will immediately contact you to schedule an initial estate planning consultation.
We are in the business of helping families just like yours plan for the future in the most sensible and beneficial ways possible, and we are proud to have been successful in that effort. Read the testimonials of our previous clients to understand what it's like to work with our Orange County estate planning attorneys.
“I'm extremely happy with the advice and resultant estate plans provided.”- Annette F.
“I would recommend her highly!!”- James C.
“Mr. Weily Yang is a true professional with a good grasp of the law.”- Ray Y.
We handle each case on a one-on-one basis and explore all possible options with you.
We strive for excellence. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff work hard so that you don't have to.
With 50 years of combined experience, we've handled cases of all types and can confidently help you.