Estate Planning Lawyers for Yorba Linda Homeowners
Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC works with our clients in Yorba Linda to prepare a will, as part of an estate plan that is specifically designed for your needs (e.g., your family, your business, your property and your wishes).
Whether you are single, married, or in a domestic partnership, you need at least the basic estate planning instruments: a trust, will, and powers of attorney for finances and health care. In the event of your incapacity, the powers of attorney will allow your designated agent to make important financial and medical decisions on your behalf.
Such tools allow you to achieve a common objective of estate planning, which is to provide for the passing of one’s property and money to the next generation with ease and efficiency.
Our basic estate plans include:
- Revocable Living Trust
- Pour-Over Will
- Power of Attorney for Financial Matters
- Power of Attorney for Health Care (Advance Health Care Directive)
- Certificate of Trust, Community/Separate Property Agreement (If Married)
- Real property deed to fund your trust
Do you have a net worth over $2,000,000 (single) or $4,000,000 (married)? If so, we can provide you with essential advanced estate planning services. As your life changes through marriage or divorce, having children or retiring, we will ensure your plan remains suited to your life events, accomplishments and goals.
Another goal of estate planning for those individuals and families with substantial assets is to plan for federal estate taxes (i.e., inheritance tax). Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC can help determine your potential tax exposure, then identify specific wealth preservation strategies and the appropriate estate planning tools that can reduce or eliminate your estate tax liability. These could include:
- Revocable living trusts: These help to avoid probate and conservatorships, and reduce or eliminate estate or inheritance tax liability.
- Tax Shelter trusts: These work to maximize the value of your federal estate tax exemption. Examples of such trusts include A-B trusts, Q-TIP or Q-DOT trusts, and irrevocable life insurance trusts;
- Charitable giving: Charitable giving can have tremendous tax and estate preservation benefits. Depending on your situation we might recommend a charitable remainder trust, charitable foundation, or other charitable gifting strategy.
- Business planning: For those who own family businesses, it is important to consider business management succession planning, as well as potential formation of family partnerships or limited liability companies to hold assets.
We are available to serve Yorba Linda individuals and families. Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC offers a complete range of estate planning services and options. To learn more about our estate planning services, living trusts and probate administrating services call Mortensen & Reinheimer, PC at (714) 573-7149, or e-mail us at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately contact you to schedule an initial estate planning consultation.
We are in the business of helping families just like yours plan for the future in the most sensible and beneficial ways possible, and we are proud to have been successful in that effort. Read the testimonials of our previous clients to understand what it's like to work with our Orange County estate planning attorneys.
“Noah was great!”- Dellia & Michael
“We couldn't be happier, thanks so much!”- Kevin B.
“Noah is so knowledgeable, informative and very caring.”- Roxanne B.
We handle each case on a one-on-one basis and explore all possible options with you.
We strive for excellence. Our knowledgeable and courteous staff work hard so that you don't have to.
With 50 years of combined experience, we've handled cases of all types and can confidently help you.